Leng, the Princess

This is my life story. Minutes and seconds my story (to borrow the lyrics from a well-loved song).

Tuesday, October 11, 2005

The Ache

After talking to a friend of mine, I could offer no solutions, but to take a moment of reflection upon which I ponder wonderingly about some issues.


The Ache

If a smile is present on my face
Does it mean that I'm not aching inside?
If I keep a cheerful countenance
Will you conclude then that my life is quite alright?

I dread to offer what I have
Fearing that yet again I've nothing
Nothing to offer you
In a world where trinkets and baubles
Glitter ever so mersmerisingly
In the shadowy darkness

Yet will I trust
Yet will I conquer
Fear itself
For my worst enemy
Is not a someone

But that very soul that seeks
Its own liberation
From a cage of shattered dreams
And despair

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home