Leng, the Princess

This is my life story. Minutes and seconds my story (to borrow the lyrics from a well-loved song).

Monday, December 13, 2004

Fresh Beginnings

Although there's no winter to speak of in sunny, tropical Singapore, I feel that I'm right now in a season of rest, awaiting springtime to thaw all things and to start afresh in areas of my life.

Meeting People

Ah Di is right. I've got to take time to meet up with people.

Jo is suggesting the same thing as Ah Di. In fact, Jo, Ah Di and W are suggesting that I quit my job as it's doing more harm than good. I'm trying, but sometimes, it gets very tiresome when nothing results out of my efforts. I really felt like running to a cave and hide, but so far everyone has asked me to persist and be brave. W in fact gave me a comrade-like pat on my back and said that I can do it. Which is amazing, since he's never that encouraging by nature! Though, yes, W has his fair share of troubles in this quarter and has sanguinely put it down to "just a part of life and growing up".

I am beginning to go with the flow in such matters, and knowing more people is just merely a process, to perhaps a greater discovery of oneself. Not to pressure myself but to learn to appreciate people, despite my mis-steps and failures. It takes courage in some ways, but it's also liberating and strengthening. Angela and Kingsley have great faith in me on such matters, although I'm not so sure myself! Darling Angie and King!

It's unfortunate to hear that G has also suffered the same problem as I once did. She's avoiding some folks but I told her not to. It takes time to heal, and it takes time to get over some problems. It's not easy but with God's help, yes, it can be done. She in fact, went into a self-imposed moratorium and refused to meet anyone for 3 years. Thankfully i didn't do that, but I can understand (perhaps somewhat imperfectly) the depth of the emotional hurt that she went through.

Running away is pointless... where is there a cave that will hide you forever? What good will it be anyway to hide?

Going Back to My First Love

Writing. It was a challenge to accept Ellen's proposal to do a bit of freelancing. Although the pay was modest, it did challenge me to write about other stuff other than the usual. I must be more thorough and accurate though. Being a journo is tough...

I remembered one of the 1st few things that my creative writing teacher taught me is to keep a journal to record what inspires me. One of my entries recorded about how life would be like if I were a goldfish. It got a B+. No kidding.

Go for Goal!
Now for something more frivolous...I resolve...
  • To be more fit
  • To cook more often
  • To smile more and frown less
  • To put on makeup more often and dress up (by royal command from my family & friends)
  • To pick up a new sport
  • To learn a new skill
  • To overcome a great fear of mine.





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home